View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 09:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Don't worry about the house, worry about yourself. Take care of you because if you don't who will?

I used to clean all the time and everything had it's place. But as I slowly adapted like to paper plates and plastic cups, I also just quit making the bed. Who cares anyway, we just get back in later. Laundry gets put away when it gets put away. I have a series of laundry baskets, it was easier for my hubby to see what a load is. When it's full he takes it down or I kick the basket over and kick it to the basement and he takes care of it from there. I used to fold my sheets but slowly again adapted to not doing it and now my DH is happy as a clam, he just shoves them in the closet for there next use.

Seriously, if they want something done then they can do it. Cook? Here's the take out menu...pick what you want since U can't help with cooking! Now he cooks too. His favorites but I'm not complaining, tacos, burgers, steak, shake N bake, chili and grilled cheese. He thinks he's awesome to when he makes dinner and i thank him so he continues to do it oh so well. We go to BJ's wholesale club and he picks out stuff that he can do,w/supervision. His new favorite stuffed shells...open a jar of sauce! Magic.

We buy fruit already cut up because it would rot before he did it and I'm not supposed to so I'm trying to adjust. It's more expensive but ...I'm worth it.
Mashed potatoes are already made in the refrigerator section, just nuke them. Salad in a bag, shredded carrots...you should see him go. Sometimes he gets fancy on me and puts feta cheese on the salad!!! I still have to tell him what goes together and when to put stuff on for timing but what a 360 after he went to my appointment.

Take him to one of your appointments and let him hear it for himself, that's what worked for me/us.
withmore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote