View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hello Joyce and welcome to NeuroTalk.

Your sons story is very similar to someone I know who is Transgender. He has been going thru sex re-assignment. I believe he only has one more surgery and is taking female hormones.

He has 3 daughters. His oldest daughter has been my daughters best friend since kindergarten, the girls are now 15 years old.

This person is very happy living as a woman. He has never felt happy as a male and at one point did drink quite often as a way to supress his feelings. She (he) is a good person and my daughter spends time at her (his) home when her daughter comes to visit.

My heart goes out to you. I know it must be very difficult for you to understand. If it helps any.....Your son is very confused and unhappy living as a male however, that does not change the core of his being. Your son has decided it's time for him to be happy and to accept who he really is.

It would be nice if his family and friends could support his decision but I know that not everyone can accept something like this.

You are a mother of 6 and one has taken a different path. Are you willing to lose your child over this? He is doing what he feels is right for him and in the end if he is shuned by his family he will continue his lives journey without his family.

I really hope you can learn to accept the new him.

There is a sexual and gender issue forum at Psych Central which is run by the same person that runs NeuroTalk (Doc John) that might be helpful for you.
http://forums.psychcentral.com/postl...oard=sexuality

Last edited by Snoopy; 09-09-2007 at 03:47 PM.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote