View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 04:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbygirl312 View Post
Well, after 12 + years of constant pain, they are preparing for surgery. My question is; did you have this new technique done, or the old one where they took part of the hip bone? Abby

Hey Abby , i had the old one where they shaved my hip bone and used that as putty to fill in around the metal rods.

ok just to update you on things (and everyone else) its been 9 months now since my op and let me tell you things are great! , i would say i'm 98% of what i use to be before the pain started 10 years ago. The only weird thing is i swear i can sometimes feel them some days (the rods that is) and i have set off the metal detectors in airports also..lol..my brothers call me the T-800 terminator , living tissue over polymetal alloy...lol.. , it really weird but i'm getting use to these things. But there is no pain whatsoever, that is the cool thing. I have joined a football club now and i am playing again , really happy about that , its 3 months shy of my 1 year ann. like i said before i would play , but i couldn't take it anymore and i had done lots of back strengthing exercises and sprint tests and also spoke to my surgeon who gave the go ahead. I am feeling very strong now. i can pick up very heavy objects now, things i wouldn't never have even thought about doing pre-op (even a fridge!). So please be encouraged everyone, total success here and you to can be free from back pain, its a life changing operation and it has totally changed my life (just got to find a girlfriend now and things will be complete...lol) Even my mindset about things is different and i certainly don't have anymore suicide thoughts that use to haunt me daily . I really hope to hear about your stories to in this forum so we can all encourage others as it is big step to take and its nice to have someone with you when you go through this. ( i had no-one in the hospital when i went in and i nearly did a runner at the last moment, if you can, take someone with you as it helps alot). ok any other questions please ask me , i am totally open and would like to help others who are going through this.

ok later
Mike
kiwimike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-28-2009), ber237 (05-15-2013), ginnie (04-17-2014), tamiloo (05-28-2010)