Thread: Grace Walk!
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 11:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
This is like the Christian life. We can obey God's laws in our own strength and look like we are dancing (this would be living according to the flesh) and our Christian friends may be impressed; however, wouldn't it be better if we were dancing and living the Christian life because Jesus was living through us? I don't know about you but I want to experience more authentic consistent dancing in my Christian walk. David
Great Post David!

I want to share something with you all. When I was raising my autistic daughter who is now an adult I had some pretty hairy times, especially when she was trying to tear down the drapes. As I was trying to fix the damage she would to run out in the street, only to have me save her from doing that - then she would bite me! ouch! Sometimes I would just collapse in a heap (that is when I had time). I would talk to my dad, long distance and ask him "How to I do this?" His only answer was, "You can't do it in your own power!" No one can! I knew that, but I still didn't know how to live in the power of the Holy Spirit.

That is what this thread is about! I know it has been a little scattered as I started in on another board.

The bottom line of living in the Power of the Holy Spirt is to admit you can't do it yourself and ask Jesus to Live His life in You! He is just waiting for you to ask. However, as we slip back into the flesh off and on -or actually alot, we have to keep asking or allowing Christ to do the driving!

Does that make sense?

Judy
SallysMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote