View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 07:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Downhill slide

Thanks Jaye for sharing that with us. Lately I have felt like I am on a downhill slide. I was doing quite well up until a few months ago then everything went haywire. I am sure that stress has had something to do with it and I am wondering if menopause would also cause some changes. You mentioned being on an antidepressant since 1999, I have been on Paxil and then changed to Effexor due to side effects and am now trying Welbutrin which I find is not working well. Have you stayed on the same one, I am wondering if the change over is the cause. I was dx 4 years ago and had symptoms for 3 years before that. I take 4 Sinemet a day , 2 weeks ago my MDS added Sinemt CR at bedtime to relieve the dystonia at night and help me sleep, it helped the dystonia but didn't improve sleep. I take an agonist (Requip) which was reduced by 2 mgs. to 12 mgs. a day, my MDS is hoping it will reduce anxiety and restlessness. I haven't seen much difference since reducing to a lower dose. Perhaps it is the progression of the P.D. Trying to find a balance in meds hasn't been easy lately. I am hoping this is just a bleep in the progession and that I am not spiraling downward. Any suggestions are welcome.
Evon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote