View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 07:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Pain disappear gradually?

I first noticed my pain while washing my face in May of ’07. I had shock like pain seemingly centered somewhere in my left nostril then running across the top of my left cheek and round the left eye. I discovered the trigger point to be at the very tip of my nose. At first the pain would come/go but after one month it decided to stay whenever a trigger point was touched. Trigger points had increased to left of the upper lip, the left hairline area of the head and the tip of my nose. Pain lasts momentarily then disappears. On a scale of 10, I would classify my pain as a 9. (I’ve had pleurisy that I would register as a l0.)

I had no idea what was wrong so I visited my Primary doctor who immediately diagnosed TN. When Lyrica did not work he placed me on Gabapentin 900 mg per day. He told me if this does not work. he will recommend a neurologist. I’ve been on the drug two weeks and have several side effects but am finding the pain disappears for up to two hours each day. I’m not sure if this is normal when taking this medicine or not. Do drugs cause pain to disappear gradually or suddenly go away?

Thanks,
Marilyn
Marilyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote