View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 02:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the replies! I caught flies with honey!! I went to school this morning to look at the class lists to see who was all in her class with her and stopped inside and talked to the principal (had some other issues too like if her w/c would fit at the lunch table since it was too low, we had it raised up this summer and now we checked today-it fits perfectly!!) anyway, after we checked her chair at a table I mentioned the bus times to him and he was like "oh wow, that has to be a typo cause we don't like them to be on the bus for more than 1 hr". He also suggested calling and verifying the times.

Well I did one better! My sister now rents an apt across from Caitlin's school so I dumped my kids over on her and drove to the bus company in person (it is only down the road from her place). I think that worked the best since when I went into the office the girl by the desk had subbed a few times last year and knew Caitlin personally! She was like "oh Caitlin, she is a cutie and she is so funny!" (Caitlin is very chatty!) So then they checked the computer and gave me 7:05am (an extra 20min which was great with me!)...well in the meantime a girl came over to the counter and it was the new bus driver that we were going to have this year! And she needed the route looked at too since she had just driven the dry run of it so I waited and they switched some things around and it got even better for us! So now our pickup time is 7:12am and dropoff 4:08pm!! (from 6:41am/5:01pm)!!! AWESOME!!! I think it was the right approach definitely to be nice about it...when I first walked up I just said "oh I bet you're getting a lot of calls today...I was just wondering if this (showed card) was a typo?"...cause that is when she saw it was Caitlin's name on the card. Well I am on cloud 9 now that this drama is over....excited for school to start...I had all her supplies bought for over a month now cause I didn't want to be stressing out at the last minute! I feel like a huge weight is off my back and I am glad that she will fit at the lunch tables good too since I was a little bit worried about that. Then she can have a bit of choice where she wants to sit. Another good thing is the neighbor behind us, their daughter is in the same class with Caitlin so she hopefully will be friends with her and can easily do some playdates and such. All's well that ends well!!

Lisa O.
andromeda31 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote