View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 09:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default All the tests

I will try to get all the test results gathered in hopefully tomorrow. I've got a bone scan being done on the ankle that is really painful. But I honestly don't think it is necessary. I think this is systemic. I will have to wait to see the doctor again until after the results are in on the ankle scan. This one had to be done at our local hospital so I am hoping I'll have it in 3-4 days.

I'm watching my blood pressure and it is staying steady so I don't think I'm dying yet, but I do know that whatever is going on is serious. It was too sudden. Getting anything done medically in a hurry is totally impossible. Cathie can testify to that. Around here, we wait and wait. I'm increasing my fluids Brian. And I do appreciate the lemon tip. I absolutely hate the taste of our water, so I'm not drinking as much as I should. I'll try the lemon.

Liza Jane, The CBC with differential/platelets looks o.k. except for the differences I pointed out. The Complete Metabolic Panel looks o.k. except for the glucose level. We'll be watching that. It may have been a fluke. It's the first time it has happened. All of the Urinalysis looks o.k. except for the mucus threads. And the Sed rate isn't too far off. All in all, my bloodwork looks o.k. I'll be looking to see if all the tests are there that you mentioned. I won't sit on this problem any longer. There is something wrong with me. (Well....we all KNEW that, didn't we?! ) I'll be getting more test results soon. We don't get anything done labwise fast here because all the blood draws have to be sent off to read. Yes, my Internist is my Rheumatologist. And he has to be educated about the bone fractures. I've printed everything you gave me. I'm just waiting on the bloodwork from the Endocrinologist to try to get things straightened out there. He will conference with her and with me. It is so hard to get anything done in a small rural town.

Mrs. D....I haven't been real good about remembering to take my Nexium before each dose of the Indomethacin. I promise to take it like I'm supposed to from now on. I am taking Folic Acid with the methotrexate. As for a bleed, if I take the Nexium like I'm supposed to, will that take care of the bleed?

I honestly don't know what I'd do without all of you.

Billye
Silverlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote