View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 09:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default working

i am a teacher and i can hardly take it anymore i am like the perso who said:
If I'm not at work, I'm in bed. I don't cook, I don't clean, I don't shop, I don't go out for any reason. When I come home on Friday evening from work, my car does not move until Monday morning when I leave for work.
i have to work for my insurance and house.
l look fine, but my pain in my legs is at a 7 or 8 most of the day when i try to walk even to the bathroom.
i need a wheelchair but i will not get one yet plus i cannot afford the can to get it to work.
i wish i had some control of my pain. i have idiopathic PN so no one has been able to treat it yet.
i think working is great if you can get your pain down to a 4 or 5 then you are distracted.
my pain used to be like that and even though it was challenging, i had grace and pride, but when it goes up so high like mine does now i just want to lie down on the floor and die.
i often wonder what the sense if of going on.
today my husband took me in the push wheelchair (they are cheap) to look for a new purse. can you imagine?
didnt find one of course.
only we know how tired we are. many will wonder how we can even go to work, but the street is very cold at night and i would make a really ugly bag lady.
pray for a cure soon.
steff
Steff is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote