View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 11:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Steff - have you tried the Duragesic Patch or it's generic form - Fentanyl Transdermal System???
I've had sensory painful PN for over 20 years. A little over 5 years ago I started the Duragesic Patch and my life literally changed. My 7 to 9.5 pain went to a 2 to 4 level in just a few days. I am now 75 years old and no longer work but feel sure I could if I wanted/needed to.
These patches contain the narcotic, Fentanyl, but I have had NO side effects other than constipation. No "highs" or zonked out feelings. My hands are steady, eyes are clear, and I have full control over all my faculties. I drive my car without difficulty. I have always tolerated medicines well and if you do too then this might really help you. Ask your doc to let you start on the 50 strength patch and then titrate it until you obtain good relief. Shouldn't take but a few weeks to find out...be sure and give your body enough to time to adjust - it almost always does if given sufficient time. I am now using 125 strength and changing the patches every 2 days. If you haven't tried this give it a shot. The biggest problem might be in finding a doctor that will prescribe it for you as far to many are unwilling to work with patients in chronic pain.
Good luck.

DanP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote