View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 03:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default i'm new to neurotalk

i posted twice before and they disappeared???? too weird. this is my 3rd post. hehe. i had a stroke 1 1/2 years ago and i've been living in purgatory ever since. i did everything right. those "time lost is brain lost" commercials insult me like crazy, even though i know it's important. i wasn't diagnosed until last october. i was only 33 when i had my stroke. now, i'm 35. i have treatment-resistant depression that was complicated by the stroke. i've been so dying for relief since. although, i'm fortunate to have recovered fully on a physical sense. my docs suggested shock treatments for my depression. after i had my stroke and already have brain damage, are you freaking kidding me, doc? ah well, i guess i'll stay in purgatory. i had depression since i was 20 and did everything i was supposed to do to keep myself well, including exercise that i always pay a huge price doing. i was cleaning my house all weekend before i had my stroke. weird, i know. docs found nothing wrong with me that would have caused it. i was tested for everything under the sun. so, they chalk it off to birth control pills i had took. i don't know, i sure hate feeling like i'm still a medical mystery. i lost trust in docs when they started freaking me out before my diagnosis a year ago. my life got stranger than fiction, as if i had one foot in this life and the other foot in the afterlife. to top it all, i've been deaf all of my life. docs have no compassion for the way i feel - vulnerable to the bone. sorry for the rant. i've been crying all over the internet, anyway, since i cannot find any relief whatsoever.
wickedwings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote