View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 06:08 AM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member

Lara..NY can be kind of gritty but it truly has a charm that's totally different from Chicago. It doesn't sleep...Sarge's Deli, where we ate last night is open
24/7 and full of friendly people...Mr.Alffe observed that it was full of old people.. so we fit right in.

We try to get here once a year and there's so much to see and do that it's all new. Today my guy wants to WALK across the Brooklyn Bridge...LOL..guess it has fabulous views. We have taken that tram over the east river to that little isle (can't remember the name).

Shelley we did see the zoo! And since it was Sunday the park was full of families with those remote control sailboats on the little lake...and artists painting faces, doing portraits. Musicians and entertainers for the kids.
Such fun! We passed on the buggy rides...I always feel sorry for the horses in the heat.

moi, it isn't just 42nd street anymore. I remember on our first visit here, in broad day light a man, in a light blue summer suit came stumbling out of a bar, covered with blood and collapsed on top of someone's car. That kind of thing gets your attention but it's rare.

And did I mention the subways? I adore them...talk about gritty! But they run on time and get you where you want to go.

It's sobering to be here this time of year...with tomorrows' anniversary date of 9-11 there will be a lot of memorials going on and needless to say, the city is awash with security.

Ok...enough about me...what's on your plate? Hugs for the room.

Curious I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote