Thread: The Proposal
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 07:07 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Thank you everyone.

I had to make the hardest decision of my life. That was to give up my care giving to Doug. There is so much to the story, like Doug's rooommate stealing Doug blind and not lifting a finger. Even the nurses are not doing their job. With some other terrible stress that has transpired in my life over the past few weeks I started to break. I got physically sick and had I not tried to concentrate on me for awhile I would have ended up in the hospital with not one soul to see me through it. It breaks my heart to have put a letter on Doug's nightstand telling him I have to stop caring for him so that maybe then he will go to a nursing home. Doug's living conditions are terrible and I am not able to do everything for him and his roommate both because his roommate won't lift a finger, not even for himself. His roommate wears diapers at age 23 and throws the soiled diapers on the floor by his bed. They are piled up as high as the bed. I have sacraficed a lot in time, and in my own resources. Not that I mind but his roommate has been doing drugs and I've been doing without to give to them. His roommate spent his share of the rent and bills and now Doug is flat broke because he paid off everything with his check and didn't get his roommate's share of the expenses. I explained to Doug in the letter that it breaks my heart too much to see him go through so much crap from his roommate and the nurses. I told him I still loved him but I had to start looking after me before I lose everything from ending up in the hospital.

I am really upset I had to do this to Doug but I am no use to him if I am too broke up to help him.

befuddled2
befuddled2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote