View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 07:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default fanfaire and Yorkiemom

fanfaire,
Don't ever put yourself down. The idea about the strap and the waterbottle is wonderful. So many times, I think when I'm in the front of the house, "I need a drink of water." but the water is far enough that I won't walk for it. Especially when my feet and legs are like this. Every step is so painful. I have one of those water bottles and had forgotten about it. Thank you for the idea and refreshing my memory. I don't have any petechia. I do have lots of capillaries breaking now due to the swelling in the ankles. But I can distinctly tell they are capillaries.

Cathie, I once showed the slight amt of microscopic blood in my urine and at that time the doctor started me on a very low dose of lisinopril. He said it would help protect my kidneys.

I can't see my anklebones at all. In fact it looks like I have a grapefruit for my ankle area. You are correct, I can't use steriods because of the bone problem. And you are right about the return call from your doctor's office. Never the same day and usually about three days. And sometimes I have to call the office repeatedly. One time, I had to go to the office and tell them that I needed to speak to that particular nurse immediately. But if you make the nurse mad, or say anything to the doctor and they get unhappy with you, what are you going to do...it's the only horse in town. We have no other rheumatolgist without making at least a 50 mile drive and waiting for months.

Billye
Silverlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote