View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 08:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmichael View Post
Hi. I had maybe five or six of them over a year's time. As others have reported, at first they were effective, but then they wore off.

That said, there are three very important practice points in this:

1. The fact that one gets some immediate relief is extremely helpful in confirmining a diagnosis of sympathetically maintained pain, e.g. RSD/CRPS;

2. They wear off over time because there's a phase shift in the disease, which is why it's important that they be given early on; and

3. With not a lot of emperical evidence on hand, it's my firm conviction that my relatively early rounds of nerve blocks helped prevent to disease from spreading to the rest of my body.

Mike
Hi Mike!
Question here;'' My three GB never helped me at all"! I mean the surgeon caught my RSD within 3 mos. of my surgery, and like I mentioned.. ALL 3 DID NOTHING! Now, I'm going yet to another PMD today. I mean this RSD was caught early and people around here say the eariler it's caught, the better! I don't know why these doc's are playing so much around!! what's next after the blocks don't work?? I did a lot of PT that only flared the RSD. is the SCS the only thing left. I'm sick of taking morphine, sick of taking neurontin. I remember missing either a dose of the neurontin or morphine at bedtime and I was like a nut case I felt so bad, was wondering why.. looked on the sheet of paper(where I write down my doses) and here, I forgot a dose, took it.. 15 min. latter wasn't going crazy! I hated that feeling!! I mean 1 dose missed, and I felt like in a daze, shaking foggy!! So my question is, how come the eariler the better.. Not for me!!The RSD has now spread to my upper arm, shoulder and now the right side of my neck. My blocks didn't work, so now I am yet shuffled to another dr. this just makes me angry and confused? Thanks!~ Love, Desi
Desi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote