Thread: A Rant
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 11:28 AM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member

Allfe

I hear ya - I'll bet your radio is drenched in spit. I saw it on TV - my eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. Like this ...

Yeah, he's famous - that's why the media has to highlight every detail of his personal life and criticize everything he does. Gee, I wonder how the average person would feel to have everyone watching and waiting for them to stumble in life.

I wonder how the average person would feel if they were able to get a job performing their favorite activity - but had to stand on a pedestal and pretend to be a role model for the entire country in order to participate in his/her favorite activity?

I wonder if too much stress and pressure to be something you're not can lead to attempted suicide. NAH.

He's a football player. Why do we need to know about his personal life? If it was an attempt at suicide and he wanted us to know something, he would have left us a note. If his family wants us to know something, they can hold their own press conference whenever they like.

What bothers me is the way they label suicide a "criminal offense." Sure, it's HORRIBLE. But calling it a "criminal offense" could discourage people contemplating suicide from seeking help.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote