View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Cathie:
'
Isn't it absolutely amazing the knowledge base of the people with PN on these boards?? They seem to know lots more than their own physicians.

So what does a person do when they know more than their own doctor?, when they bring a test to the doctor, and show him results and the doctor is clueless? I mean, how are we supposed to get help for our PN if the doctor's aren't up to speed.

We ought to go on 20/20 and do a segment on what the people with PN know versus what their physicians know.

That'll get somebody crackin!!!

Mel

P.S. I'm still getting over the fact that none of my doctors (and I mean none), know anything about the importance of Methyl B-12 in the fight against Diabetic Neuropathy. I've walking living proof of the benefit (purchased another bottle yesterday from iherb). Probably will be taking this supplement until I die, but who cares, the benefits are astronomical in my case.

But amost every doctor said: "oh it can't hurt, well, if it works for you, but I never heard of it working, to the very impractical "Oh, I would never recommend B-12 for anyone unless they have pernicious anemia, I went to medical school and were never told about B-12". So I said "but it worked for me, and the doctor just shrugged. I wasn't all know-it-all in his face, I simply asked a question about Methylcobalimin. You should have seen his face when I said there was a difference between cyanocobalimin and the methyl. He looked at me like I lost my mind.

Jeez
Thank goodness, this was NOT Dr. Fred. He likes to get a patient's views on their illnesses. He appreciates the fact that we exercise and watch what we eat. He says stuff like "I wish all my patients had your fortitude".

So there are good guys out there. We just have to educate the other ones.
Not an easy task.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote