View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 02:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I'm back - hope you're still reading - need some advice

I haven't been able to spend time the last few weeks due to my wife taking a turn for the worse.

The last few weeks she has became steadily more dependent on help getting around. There is alot of stress going on for her. Our house is being renovated and is a DIY job due to not much spare cash in our household - so everything is a bit upside down. As she is stuck in it all day the mess gets her down, especially as getting about the house is difficult.

I think the extra effort needed to get about and stress of looking at a half done house all day is causing or certainly adding to the setback in her recovery.

Her latest B12 level was 2000 - which is very high - but her mobility has been terrible and getting worse. The last two weeks her left hand has become weak, she cannot bend her finers properly so is dropping things.

Our doctor has tested her reflexes and muscle strength and they are fine - previously before B12 treatment you could of stabbed a Bowie into her thigh and she wouldn't have flinched!! but even so she cannot walk without aid!?

I'm finding it all so confusing.....is this a case of mind over matter?

This morning she called me at 6.30 am -she was in the bathroom and her voice sounded very weak. When I got to her she was pallid - as white as a sheet - with a cold sweat all over her body. She could not open her eyes and was speaking in a kind of dazed voice. It was very shocking to see. I got her back to bed and she slept solid for 2 hours - I haven't let her out of the bedroom all day even though she was much brighter in herself.

What I'm finding so difficult to get my head round now is why would her condition slump to such a low as now - this has been getting up to this point today for six months. In September 2006 she was walking unaided again after years of difficulty and now she's confined to the house again. The doctor says keep the injections to once every two weeks and take a lozenge every 3 days ( she's now got Methyl 5000mcg ). He says she shouldn't need more than that with all the treatment she's had and because her level's so high.

What do you all think? Could this set back be completely down to stress?
matty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote