Thread: Aracnoid cyst
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 11:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Mandy and welcome to Neurotalk

I know a bit about Arachnoid Cysts, as I have one. But mine was in a different area (posterior fossa). I had a cyst fenestration that was, so far, successful. I guess I was lucky, but I know many people can't get the treatment they need. Obviously your son's cyst has presented with different symptoms to mine. But the recent symptoms he's having, do need more investigating. I just hope he can continue to get the right treatment he needs.

~Jaime~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyP View Post
hi My name is mandy. My son George was diagnosed with a Left frontal-temporal arachnoid cyst in 1999 when he was just 6 months old. He had an endoscopic fenestration in 2000 when he was nine months. His cyst was very large and caused a mid line shift of his brain. Although the operation was succesful his cyst remains 6cm in diameter. He has been mainly symptom free, he gets headaches and his short term memory is poor but other than this he leads a normal life. Recently he has started to have seizures and he drools considerably which worries me but his surgeon feels further intervention is unnecessary . Reading your articles brought back memories of how frustrating and worrying it can be when you have this condition. I hope you all receive the treatment you deserve.

My Poetry Site -
Jaime_S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote