View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 02:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default (((silverlady))))

i understand your frustration. i vented my own in a thread. i survived a stroke 1 1/2 years ago. i was only 33. i wasn't diagnosed until last october, after the 5th mri scan of my brain. whacky, i know. i have brain damage, alright. i'm lucky, very lucky. and i'm so sorry about your grandson. i recovered fully, physically, but not from the complication to my treatment-resistant depression. if i had a choice, i'd chose a bit of paralysis over the depression. depression is so unbelievably, tortorously brutal. i hope your grandson is not experiencing depression.... i don't want anyone having depression like mine, since it's so painful and debilitating. i'm sorry that i don't have a clue to give you in terms of therapy for your grandson, as i never had therapy or rehab, as i was paralyzed on my left side. it took months, but it went away totally, gradually. my dog was my physical therapist, though. all those tug-of-war we did helped me a whole lot. and it's not as boring as physical therapy.... really.

as to why it took so long, docs thought i had ms or lupus because they couldn't find anything that would have contributed to my stroke. my neurologist chalked it off to my birth control pills. i don't know if it really caused it, but i hate feeling like i'm still a medical mystery. i wish you the best for you and your grandson. ((((((billye))))))
wickedwings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Silverlady (07-30-2008)