View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 04:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default that would be called "foot drag"

i had this problem when i was going up the stairs with my left foot 1 1/2 years ago after my stroke. i did a lot of research at the time, and discovered that foot drag is usually what you're describing. it can happen while walking on a flat surface, too. there's a variety of conditions that can cause this, so don't let the stroke word scare you. fortunately, my foot drag went away after a month and a half after my stroke. it wasn't bad, since i just took it slow and carefully on the stairs. if it can't be helped, there's a foot brace, so you don't trip this way and help make your walking a bit safer.

oh, sorry, i don't have a clue about running into things, as you can still see. how weird, since i do this on a rare basis. have for years, even before my stroke. i've been such a medical mystery and no one could figure this out, even though i see fine out of my right eye. i've been blind in my left eye since birth. yes, i do run into something on my left on a rare basis because of that. but, i've also run into something left out on the floor, even when i could see it out of my right eye. one time, i've bonked my head on a rack that was in front of me when i was reaching for a clothing on a rack behind it. it's like i could see, but not notice it front of me?? i'll keep checking this thread to see if there's clues. it's definitely weird.
wickedwings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote