Thread: Abstracts
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 08:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cyanosis

Vicc, greetings,
CYANOSIS is a medical descriptive term for the bluish appearance of poorly oxygenated (generally) peripheral tissues.
It gives no indication of cause. Determining cause is the clinicians’ job.
It just is bluish tissue.
It is not a disease state. I think too much credence is being given to an innocuous sign / symptom of an underlying diseased state.
Cyanosis has a cause – a multitude of causes in fact – it can be a cold limb, poor venal flow, poor capillary flow or poor performance of the heart due to arterial plaque just to name a few. It can be due to substance P and its effect on other tissues. I also believe some cyanosis can be presented by ADP affecting mitochondrial respiratory process...but this is a stretch. It can also be due to the NADH going awry in the Krebs cycle. ALL CAUSES.

The question is why have these things caused the cyanosis?

Every mammal can express it and the causes are always the same. It is one of the signs and symptoms of small stomach worm infestation in all mammals and occurs in the mucosal membranes. In fact when managing flock animals it is the first sign one looks for to indicate internal parasites. They are being bled to death by the worms. SIGN derives CAUSE derives TREATMENT derives (if caught soon enough) well animal with pink membranes.

So I am confused as to how this has become the spectre causing RSD / CRPS.
It is derived from the Greek language and in no way implies the presence of cyanide (HCN).
Clarification would be greatly appreciated Vicc.

Appreciate the time. Auberon
Auberon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote