Thread: Abstracts
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 10:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Vicc

" It is visible evidence of death, and nearly every incident of dark cyanosis is treated as an emergency that must be treated to save the life or limb of the patient. It is ignored in only one disease: "

Not really so,we have always been taught that someone who presents with a severely blanched limb is actually displaying more a sign of impending death of tissue and to say it is ignored in one disease, do you mean that no pain management team observe cyanosis in their patient or consider it one of the possible symptoms of RSD/CRPS? Because I refute that statement---I have had sympathetic nerve blocks because of cyanosis that have indeed improved the colour and temperature of my skin. If that is so then how do we explain the improvement is not neurological? How can you speak with so much conviction about our doctors when you really can't have any idea about those that you have never come in contact with? You can't keep criticising the medical profession en masse as you do, it is simply unfair to those who spend their lifetimes working on a way to make our lives a little better than they are.
Vicc, please realise you are continuing to become irate at those of us who are merely asking for a reason, any reason to support the fact that all the "experts" are wrong and all the artilcles available to read about RSD/CRPS state the neurological background of this disease.
Our requests of information are met only with your indignation and often fury that we are questioning you! I am ready and willing to alter my thoughts and perceptions about this disease but I must have a valid reason backed up with the science behind it to do so.
As I have repeatedly said, I am looking for a way to try and understand your view that RSD is an IRI when not all RSD/CRPS sufferers display cyanosis as a symptom.

Tayla

Last edited by tayla4me; 09-11-2007 at 10:59 AM. Reason: crappy spelling
tayla4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote