Thread: Abstracts
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 11:07 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Amber,

I have no intention of replying in detail to doc H's arguments and claims.

He lists many complications and consequences of RSD that have not been suggested by anyone else, and many of them are clearly the result of medications and the stress of suffering from an incredibly painful and presumed to be incurable disorder.

He belief that the SNS is causally involved in RSD has been repudiated by all but a small minority of RSD "experts" (those who publish journal articles about this disease).

He offers absolutely no research in support of his fantastic claims.

I do not trust and purported neurologist foolish enough to say: The sympathetic system is a fight component of the "Fight and Flight" reflexes of the autonomic nervous system. and then asserts: On the other hand, the parasympathetic system that is the balancer of the other end of the autonomic system (the flight system), drops the blood pressure, slows down the pulse, relaxes the muscles, and preserves energy by cutting down the calories burned in the body.

"Fight or flight" involves the sympathetic nervous system preparing the subject to defend (fight) or run like Hell (flight). Flight is not a resting function, and anyone who claims that it is, doesn't know much about neurology.

I asked for research showing a causal link between traumatic nerve damage and RSD, not a bunch of opinions from someone who knows this little about neurology.

I guess its obvious that I have little use for doc H...Vic

The great end of life is not knowldege but action. T. H. Huxley

When in doubt, ask: What would Jimmy Buffett do?

email: :
Vicc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote