View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 12:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Hi New Member...back injury

Hi my name is Ben. I live in NC. In Feb of this year I had back surgery that consisted of removing the disc between L4,L5 and fusing them with a bone graft and the screws and plates.
Since then I have developed a rather odd but extremely painful condition. I have lower leg muscle cramps/spasms during the night that are absolutley out of the world in terms of pain. They almost always occur on the left leg, on the small muscle that runs down the outer edge of the shin and to the top of my foot. They do sometimes occur inthe right leg.
I have had a myleogram and ct and the neurosurgeon see's nothing. I just left his office and he's referring me to a neurosurgeon to talk about a backlafin? pump inplant. I don't think pain med is the answer to the question as I think someone needs to find the physical cause of the problem. The situation is getting very, very bad as I can't sleep at night as these cramps throw me out of bed about every 2 hours. The pain is severe, I can't tolerate it anymore. Has anyone ever heard of this? Know of someone I could contact about this. It's grown into a serious situtation and I'm kind of at the end of the rope as to what to do and being able to tolerate the pain. I would be so gracious for your input.
Thank you,
Ben
Ben Raper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote