View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 07:45 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Default edited post...

I read Tena's posts all the time. I am not having a problem with her.

And for the last 10 yrs I have been a serious critic of drug distribution abuse in this country. Tena edited her post. In the beginning there was only one
link. And I didn't like it...didn't like the presentation of it.

The drug companies basically run the FDA today. I believe it was reported on Frontline that more than 1/2 or more (up to 80% of funding) comes now from drug companies. Drug companies lie and deceive in this country.
Drug salespersons deceive doctors everyday in this country.

In truth, our FDA was at one time respected just because of its stance on thalidomide in the 60's. Canada did not do what our FDA did, and had enormous numbers of deformed babies result--this is still a huge issue there and a political fiasco.

The way drugs are brought to market today is seriously flawed. Upjohn (Halcion), Solvay (Luvox), Lilly (Oraflex,Prozac,Zyprexa,Cymbalta), Abbott (Omniflox), Wyeth-Ayerst (Redux).. All falsified data to get their drugs on the market. Deliberate falsification of data!

Other drugs had warnings come up during post marketing, and either these were ignored by doctors, or ignored by the drug companies, and resulted in removal. Duract, Vioxx, Propulsid all had warning letters sent to doctors who ignored them.

Then there are ghostwriters who promote a drug and pay doctors to just put their names on papers.

Then there are drugs which show during post marketing times that they have serious flaws/issues.

I could go on and on, but here is a website that does so:
http://jeffreydach.com/2007/08/26/pr...y-dach-md.aspx

There are some older drugs too that are dangerous, and the book Worst Pills, Best Pills is a good reference for that. Dr. Sydney Wolfe MD is a good consumer advocate in this regard.

My comment was directed to Dr. Jensen's YouTube which I thought was more harmful to the cause of safety than helpful.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote