View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 10:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Possible Chiari 1

I was wondering if any of you that have been diagnosed with Chiari, was it hard to get diagnosed? I was diagnosed with Migraines about 9 years ago, and all docs want to do is hand me a pill & tell me hopefully they will go away around retirement. To me, that is not an answer. I have been experiencing other symptoms lately too. The headaches I get don't seem like Migraines, they are more like pressure in the back of my head inbetween my ears, worse with bending over or straining. My hearing is muffled. My eye balls hurt (I know, sounds weird). The light hurts my eyes. I get dizzy spells, nausious out of the blue. My R eye brow sags. I have a hard time sleeping because I wakeup in pain. It literally hurts for my head to sit on my spine. I had a brain MRI 08/07 & the report said the cerebellar tonsils are 8mm below the foremun magnum thingy but do not meet the criteria for Chiari1. I have recently researched this Chiari & the symptoms I have are similar, also there seems to be some conflict in the criteria. Can anyone help please? Any input would be appreciated.
wendy32221 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote