View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 12:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smirk I'm not so sure . . .

. . . that this will serve its intended purpose.

Thelma, at first glance this seemed like a great idea; then the more I thought about it, I have changed my opinion.

First, people come here to seek information and support. If I were a newly diagnosed person and came here and read a thread about all those "friends" who died as a result of Parkinson's, I would probably croak myself. And this woould make me depressed if I weren't already.

I guess what I am trying to say is that we need to project an atmosphere here that lends support - not one that scares folks away. And that part that we need to really pay attention to is this: You CAN died from PD, but a diagnosis is not necessarily a death sentence! We need to get that into the heads of legislators and John Q. Public.

EDIT: Hi Ron! I'm sorry that our opinions differ. But in many ways we are on the same wave length. I also meant to say that we may "forget" someone in the proposed memorial, and that could be pretty uncomfortable.

So how do we do that? Every chance we get, we should tell others how devastating PD is - how it changes your body and your mind, and how it can result in death.

So I would vote NOT to mention names here. I hope I haven't offended anyone - that was not my intent.

Peggy

Last edited by pegleg; 09-12-2007 at 12:05 PM. Reason: to add comment
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote