View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 02:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I ordered the Enterolab test because I could do it without a doctor's order. My deductible is so high for out of state lab testing, that my insurance wouldn't cover it anyways.

I was curious about my genes and if I was getting any gluten or casein reaction from an already GF/dairy free diet. I was also curious because there are some other health problems in my family that I have read are gluten sensitivity related (nephew with Asperger's syndrome, aunt with Sjogren's syndrome & lupus). All my results were negative for gluten, casein, and malabsorption, which was information that my digestive problems weren't coming from these areas. However, the gene test was the motivation (my results in my signature) to get serious about cutting out gluten from my diet as I was still getting some gluten here and there. Perhaps I can tolerate a little bit of gluten (like in soy sauce), but not a lot. I wish I had known about the testing before I went GF, but my genetic results led me to find BrainTalk and all the wonderful people here who are gluten sensitive.

Leslie once reported that Dr. Fine thinks that my DQ1 alleles are particularly sensitive when it comes to gluten, and having two copies is basically "double trouble". I would have never thought to e-mail Dr. Fine myself because I wouldn't have had a clue what to ask before getting educated from this forum.

Claire