View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 03:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

CS ol'buddy..Im really sorry to hear about what you have been going through..I often think about what you and so many others have had to endure, and continue to endure, and it saddens me

Pd changes our lives as we knew them..No two ways about it..Emotionally the worst for me was the initial dx..When the word Parkinsons came out of that Drs mouth, I think time stood still for a while..and when I went to my first support group meeting, I was horrified at peoples disabilities..All I could see was nursing homes, walkers, and wheelchairs in my future, and was void of any hope whatsoever..Somewhere along this journey, Ive been able to accept the reallity of my fate, and am at peace with it, in spite of the fact that my life is too forever changed..I dont have a wife to worry about, and will probably never marry again, mainly because of pd..Pd changes the shape of relationships and friendships, some for the better, and others for the worst

Throughout my life God has always watched out for me, even when I thought I was all alone with my problems, and my needs have always been met..Somehow, everything has always worked out one way or another..Not necessarily in the way I would have liked to have had it..But always in His time, and in His way