Old 09-27-2006, 02:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsd View Post

Here is a good article on it by a doctor:

http://www.geriatrictimes.com/g040618.html

Also http://www.spacedoc.net/short_term_memory_loss.html

This is a controversial subject...don't be afraid to discuss this with your doctor. As the patents expire on the popular statins, this data becomes more prominent (Zocor and Pravachol are now generic).
Thank you for the additional links. Doctor discussion: I was so disappointed a couple of weeks ago. I'm very lucky to have found a doctor who is current, competent, listens AND discusses. He had changed one of my medications a month or so earlier and within a few days I had - how shall I put this - an intimacy failure, and the med was the only thing in my life that had changed.

I looked up the med, which I should have done before I even took it, and there it was, listed as a lesser side effect, and I know how side effects are massaged and reported. Anyway, when I saw him, I told him I had switched back to the former med until I had the chance to talk with him, that the irritating but what I considered to be VERY minor side effect of the old med was far more acceptable to me than what had happened.

I don't have any idea what precipitated his reaction, "Have you been out on the Internet?" I was really caught off guard, he's always been warm to the idea of his patients being informed, encouraging them to stay up to date and on top of their medical situations. Maybe he's not accustomed to having female patients be up front with something like this. But gosh what an uncharacteristic reaction and a huge let down.

That's a very long (too long) journey to the primary message. I will put the Zetia on my to-do list, and I thank you for suggesting it. I'll get it to-do'd as soon as I'm able to undo what happened and challenge his reaction.

Have a great evening.

TCC
The Crystal Cave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote