Thread: Odd sensations?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 06:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

fanfaire,

That is how my small fiber PN originally presented, as stocking/glove. And I never had numbness just burning and like you said a feeling of wanting to brush off or wash off whatever it was.

Anyway, the PN has gone from my hands since my two cervical fusions. But as of a few weeks ago I started to have pain in my forearms, especially the right one, pain in the shoulders, and in particular a tingling in my index finger. Too make a long story short I have radiculopathy again from the C6/C7...no impingement just contact with the nerves. I have just aggravated that level is all.

Sooo...as of two days ago I had a Neurologist appointment as a follow up. She did another EMG and also tested me for carpal tunnel. I DO have slight carpal tunnel in my right wrist...nothing too serious yet. She told me to wear a wrist splint which I have been doing. And it is helping with the hand pain and my finger is not tingling. And I also have an appointment with my spinal PM for an injection to get that nerve calmed down.

I realize that you are speaking of PN but I just wanted to throw that out there. I had such burning in my forearms several weeks ago that I thought I would have to put them in slings. Just know that intense pain in your index finger IS symptomatic of the C7...so is tingling. But, geez, it can be so many things too. But if you look at a dermatome chart, you can see how the nerve travels to the index finger.

I guess my whole point is that while I am a spinal patient...I do or have had PN. I just stay on top of the whole mess because I need to know if and when there are changes in my neck due to the fusions. So, as it stands for now...radiculopathy (nerve root contact) and slight carpal tunnel. But it all manifested in the way you are speaking of. It is such a pain sometimes to get it all figured out...I know!
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote