Thread: Odd sensations?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 06:54 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default And, of course--

--radiculopathy is just a particular kind of neuropathy--the kind that comes from problems with the nerve roots.

One can have both radiculopathy and other peripheral nerve problems--I certainly do, with my idiopathic acute onset body-wide burning neuropathy--now resolving--and my C6/C7 right side radiculopathy in my right thumb/index finger/third finger/dorsal and ventral hand (not resolving, and varying--I do have a bone spur in that area, and may need to have a foraminotomy one day, to get the pressure off the space the nerve root exits from).

The sensation of having something on the skin that's not really there is one of the most common symptoms of nerve disruption--along with pain, numbness, tingling and the like. It can be produced at any level along a nerve, from origin to terminal target. Some people say they get feelings as if an insect is crawling along their limb, or water is dripping down it. There are so many ways for the brain to interpret these erroneous signals.

Fanfaire--you're not wrong--"stocking-glove" has been used to indicate a certain common type of neuropathy pattern/distribution, but it also can refer to the feeling of having those things on when you don't.
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote