View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 10:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default One more thing....

A week ago I was dx'd with TN . I've been on 3 different medications to try to kill the pain.

Tegretol~ was messing up how I processed things in my head.( mixing letters up in words)
Toradol~ didnt do didly for me pain wise.
Neurontin~ still not touching it.

I went to my dentist yesterday on a scheduled routine checkup. Told them of the TN. He checked my mouth out well for silent abcess's etc. Took an extra set of xrays also. Nothing appeared.

So I called my Family doc yesterday to let them know what happened at the dentist. My Doc was not in that day. So they called me back a bit ago. Said that they could put me back on the Tegretol ( uhhh no thanks) or be referrred to a neurologist ( ick ) Just what I need is another doctor. They are calling to give them the referral this morning . So this afternoon I will call to make the appt .

Is there any way shape or form I can deal with this myself? Without having to go to yet another doctor? I am already on around 13 medications for other problems I have. I am so sick of having to take all of them . Not to mention its not affordable.

Sweet Sunshine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote