View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 12:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I
Quote:
think the Internet is a *big* big place and if someone wants to setup a website to record all of the deaths due to any specific disease or condition, I'd definitely encourage them to do so. I'm just not sure this is the ideal place for such...

If you are a prominent multimillionaire or a movie star or a sports star then you are assured that you will be remembered as there are several places on this wide net where your name will appear.

In the post prominent people who have died of Parkinsons for one.

Name the number of people who will see that. Maybe a lot and maybe none but I am sure some will.

But where will the general public see the number of lives that are lost while the people still live. Here........because we tell them.

This country and mine are losing a lot of extremely talented humans to Parkinsons and while the large sites are the ones constantly asking for monies they are not supplying the information that the general public needs to help out.

Some members here take the time to tell about Parkinsons to groups in their private lives and in as many avenues of the web as they can reach.

But that is not enough. I can see by the numbers here that there is a big difference in the numbers of those who read and those who post. This site and this forum is being seen and that is terrific so why not take all and any avenues to get the true stry out as these people who read here also talk to others and on and on.

But if we don't care here in a neurological forum then where else will anyone care.

I am not talking about the ending of life.

I am talking about the ending of someone who had the influence of Parkinsons on their body and how it influenced their life first and death later.

We can't ask them if they would have wanted to help out in this matter but do you really think they would have said no.

Would Fred have said No, maybe who really knows as we didn't ask him.

A simple post up above all of the others where you can see that this world is losing some great people is not going to influence the caring and compassion of those who post under it.

There has to be someone out there who will take on this if you all say no to it. There just has to be a place for those who have suffered and given their lives to this dread disease.

Given.................helz no ..............it was taken from them

A site as I propose may just linger but it may flourish and give the world the true picture of who these people were and the impact they had and the work they didn't have time for.

Do it John and be the first.

There are 570 viewings at this time and only 37 people have voted.

What if those 37 spred the news about Parkinsons to one person then there will be 64 who know. Not a good average when 570 have read what was said already.

I will shut up now [ can it Jaye lol ] and wait for the gavel to fall. If there is justice then there will be a yea.

If not then it will still be status quo and that is not good enough for me.

So take it from there folks and good luck as I am off for another and final fling with my own personal problem. After this there will only be, and with my sense of humour I find the last resort funny,

Stem Cell Therapy.

Bye for now

Thelma

ps
Kids will check in and keep me up to date so don't do anything till I come back. Get a rest now John lol
Thelma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote