View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 12:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Nerve issues after multiple back surgeries

Hi - I don't know if this is the right forum, but was wondering if anyone could help me.

I had 3 surgeries for L5-S1 and am doing much better. Daily nerve pain/sciatica is gone. I have been told I have permanent nerve damage.

However, if I go for walks, or spend any length of time on my feet, the outside bottom of my feet start hurting/tingling/prickly pain, feel hugely swollen, and I start limping as I respond to this unpleasant sensation.

If I don't walk much at all, I am fine.

Is this just an inflammation of the nerves? Is this why my doc wanted to put me on Lyrica or Neurontin last year - to calm the nerves? I took it for a while and I was in a walking coma - could not handle how I felt mentally.

Hubby is worried I may have additional nerve impingement, but based on what I experienced prior to the back surgeries, this doesn't feel like that at all.

My legs (all in the L5-S1 dermatone) are numb as well, and I can tell when I am shaving and such that I am not getting any feeling back. Affects my balance sometimes and I can tip easily, but I am managing.

Anyway, just want to put my hubby's fears to rest. Should I call my neurosurgeon?
LovelyIris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote