View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 03:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default b12 deficiency: Whats up with Doctors??

I went through 4 doctors before I finally (so I thought) came across one who knew, at least, somthing about b12. My first appointment with him was 2 weeks ago. He agreed my b12 at 293 was too low, especially with my symptoms. So he gave me a b12 shot told me to take b12 supplements and come back in 2 weeks for another shot. He also drew some blood and was testing for lupus and celiac. I went today, my blood work came back negative for both. He did not want to give me another shot (even though I was telling him the pains in my legs seemed worse, my vision is blurry when reading, just within the last 2 weeks, and I get dizzy). He thinks I could have pernicous anemia. He wants me to continue to take the b12 supplements and have another b12 serum done in 2 weeks, so it will be 1 month from the 1 shot I did receive. He thinks if my level dose not rise to some significant amount than I must have pernicous (or boarderline) anemia and he will set me up on maintenance shots. ??? Iam soooo confused, and mad!! How can you tell a doctor he is wrong?
cat265 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote