Thread: RSD and Tension
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 04:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Relax

Hi Andrea,

I've followed you for the last few months. I can say what I have experienced and maybe it might help Alison.

First, I was told I was very tight and full of tension when I started dealing with this - which was in February when I was finally diagnosed. The therapist wouldn't even work on me.

I went into PT appt and the therapist said - where you outside in the sun? You are beet red. My nerves were so inflamed -

What she said to me is to find a way to relax. The first time I heard this I was angry - how am I supposed to relax when I'm in pain? But, she was right.

I try to find a way to deep breath and meditate twice a day. I have an ipod that I listen to. I personally listen to songs for sleeping, ocean sounds and sit and deep breath and let my shoulders down, stop gritting my teeth because of the pain. I realize that's hard for a 12 year old.

If it's possible for her to sit quietly, deep breath, close her eyes, drop her shoulders and relax her jaw. - deep breath for even 5 minutes.. think of something that is positive. It really does help in reducing the pain.

What I've found is tension and stress increases pain. If these can be reduced, you're that much closer to a reduced pain day.

No sure this helped, but atleast you know there is someone far away that hopes that Alison is ok.

Beth.
dealingwithtos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote