View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 05:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you for your reply. My 3 surgeries were within 12 months, Dec. 2005, Mar. 2006 and Dec. 2006. All for L5-S1 - first one was laminectomy/discectomy, 2nd was a non-hardware fusion, and third one was rods, screws, posterior 360 fusion with bmp.

I have not told my neurologist yet and I do not know what my b-12 levels are. I have not had any testing done since the last surgery (other than the follow up xrays, flexion xrays etc. through April, 07) because I have been doing so much better and the severe pain is gone since the 3rd surgery.

I need to be walking more to get my stamina and strength built up, but every time I do, I get this numbing/tingling/prickly pain in my feet, they feel really swollen (although are not, just the sensation), and I end up limping. If I stay off my feet or don't walk much at all, I am fine(other than my numb feet and legs which I understood was part of the permanent nerve damage). (I do not have to work outside the home, so I am able to get away with this for now).

It seems there is another bit of information, but I can't recall it at the moment. I will repost when I remember it!

Thanks!
LovelyIris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote