Thread: RSD and Tension
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 06:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Andrea,

When I was first diagnosed I was warned by many to stay away from these sites. Obviously I felt that I could deal with them and I have but to be honest, it maybe a little too heavy for a 12 year old. We do read the worst case scenarios here.
Allison does sound a very mature and gorgeous girl but being in pain at that age would be so very scary and sad and to read the problems that many of us have may just give her a feeling of doom.
As mature as she appears a 12 year old does not have the brain maturity to comprehend that what she reads here may not be a true representative of the disease, as for every person on this site with RSD there are probably several more who are managing the disease quite well and getting on with a fairly normal existance.
Fear does impact all symptoms and can definitely result in increased tone which in turn creates more pain.
As her advocate and has someone who knows her better than anyone else
I am sure you will know how much is too much but if it was one of my children I have to think that like most things on the internet I would be screening just what she does read.
Have you thought of relaxation therapy? Does she have a psychologist? This is so much for one so young to live with that she really needs all the psychological support she can.
She is so lucky to have a mum like you who is obviously so loving and caring.
My heart goes out to you both.
Tayla
tayla4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote