View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 09:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dr. Staats noted that most of the literature on SCS is already outdated. "Today, it is very common for physicians to put in 16 contacts, which give 64 million different combinations of electrical stimulation that we can use," he said. It is now known that frequency of electric stimulation, amplitude, number of contact and spacing of contacts can determine treatment outcome, he said. "As we improve our technology and our ability to use electricity, it is likely that we will be able to stimulate and capture some nociceptive pains, but for right now, this is largely used for neuropathic pain. I consider CRPS one type of neuropathic pain and I think most people would agree with me on that."

PART OF THAT THREAD I POSTED ON NEWS ... THIS SAYS THAT 16 CONTACTS CAN BE PUT IN. SO AN UP TO DATE DOC WOULD KNOW THIS AND BE ABLE TO MANGE RSD IN MANY AREAS.

I ALSO HOPE THE INFO I GAVE YOU ON MY FRIEND IN CA HELPS. HER RSD DID NOT SPREAD FROM THE LEADS EITHER.
JOAN