View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 09:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Mac Test

I got the report in the mail of the MAC test Dr Sanders sent me for. It was done by a neurologist .

It was kind of like an EMG/NVC test but more painful. Definitely worth it as Johanna told me though ,because this is the first and only nerve test I had done in 20 months that showed something wrong!!

I also had forgot to tell you that my grip strength in dominant right hand was 25 and 50 in the left. Does anyone know what that means? I've lost muscle or what?

Anyway, my mac test ( short for medial antebrachial cutaneous ) showed the following summary.
In the Doctor's words...
"Distinct pathology over right upper extremity. Both direct cervical root stimulation measurements and indirect medial cutaneous nerve data suggest pathology over the LOWER BRACHIAL PLEXUS. The profile of today's study would suggest more of a proximal process, vis-a-vis full blown thoracic outlet syndrome. However, the possibility of pathology also focally over the pectoralis minor must be considered, based on this profile. On the left, there does appear to be some borderline pathology developing over the brachial plexus, and this will need clinical correlation. "

I hope this info can help anyone who needs it. This neurologist was shocked that my 2 previous tests done here at home ( emg/nvc ) were normal.

I went for this test the day before my surgery. Dr Sanders told me to tell him to only do my forearms. I anxiously told him that, because I had been warned by Johanna that it was painful. Well once he got started he told me there was no way he would only do my forearms. He was getting abnormal responses and felt he needed to be more thorough. I told him ok just put duct tape on my mouth and do whatever needs done. I am so glad I had it done!! Finally something on paper!!!!

I looked at my notes from the last 20 months and saw the ones I had taken on upper verses lower brachial plexus. My symptoms were mostly lower brachial.
c8-t1

More later, too much typing, armpits hurt. Ihtos
ihtos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
marabunta (02-21-2008)