View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 07:22 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

If you look hard enough at small groups of patients, you can come up with a group to fit your needs.

I take issue with this "study". Does it tell us what treatment these patients received after they went off Tysabri? Were they left untreated for 15 months? Did they have any steroids, CRABs, Cellcept, Imuran,Novantrone? Isn't going off a drug an obvious restart to disease activity?

MS is CHRONIC. It will reappear and worsen if treatment is stopped. That would be ANY treatment.

This issue has been studied in REAL studies.

How about this one?

http://www.emea.europa.eu/humandocs/PDFs/EPAR/tysabri/H-603-en6.pdf

"The study met its primary endpoint in the number of new Gd-enhancing lesions from baseline to month 6 for both dosage groups in favour of natalizumab (p<0.001). After cessation of treatment, i.e. in the 6-month follow-up period (months 7-12), no further treatment effect was observed. Also, the number of new Gd-enhancing lesions did not exceed that of the placebo group, i.e. no rebound effect was observed concerning the number of lesions."

Elan and Biogen also addressed this in Phase 2. No rebound effect was observed.

Sorry if anyone disagrees. Too much has gone on with published reports funded by competing drug companies.

21 people does NOT make a study. Where's the rest of the people who were on Tysabri?

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote