View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 08:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thanks

Thanks to all who replied here....
Especially nice to hear from Frogga again!

Guess my family doc was wrong when she said she thought I was "full body".... I am thankful for that.

I have hearing/ear problems on the side of my head that is affected.

I thought I was having severe eye problems, but I believe it ended up being the topamax. I just bought new glasses for computer and trifocals to wear over my glasses a few months back. I am extremely near-sighted. I have to wear such strong contacts to see far away that it blurs my close sight... so I have worn bi-focal or tri-focal glasses with my contacts for several years. After weaning off the topomax, (which I have been on since 2001 when this monster reared it's ugly head - 200 mg a day) my eyesight changed so much I needed new lenses for the new glasses. My eye doc told me to give it three months before we made the change, to allow the effects of the medication to wear off. It amazed me how the medication affected my sight!

I go for a triple phase bone scan next week on the foot that is now giving me problems. Not to show if it is RSD... but to see if it is a stress fracture that is not showing up on X-ray. That is how this crud started in 2001 - from 3 stress fractures in my other foot. I intend to ask before the test if they can tell the "re-uptake" in a fracture is different than how it looks for RSD. I am praying it is RSD, because I don't think I can take months on crutches with the RSD so bad in my arm, and shoulders. With my other foot, I was on crutches with no weight bearing for 10 months, with one of those big boot things on that went up to my knee. After the crutches, I wore the boot another year... then they put me in an AFO plastic brace - that went to my knee... had that thing on for a couple years... then went to a plastic brace that was just on my foot. Now - we know that it was RSD in that foot causing all the pain-- but they didn't catch it then. One doctor thought it was - sent me to a pain spec. who said if I didn't have sensitivity to light touch, there was NO WAY it was RSD. Yeah, right.

Now I know from going to docs with a lot more experience that you can have RSD and not be sensitive to light touch/wind. I am sensitive to vibration, and unexpected touch, like someone coming up behind me and patting me on the back, or how some people will reach out and touch your arm in friendship.

Thanks again for the responses.

Jules
daylilyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (01-12-2016)