View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 09:02 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Hi Farm Wife,

I try to avoid talking about the personal views of forum members, but I do think it appropriate to point out that in previous posts I have said that diagnoses of CRPS-II have not been discussed in the literature, that some tissue injuries can also injure nerves, and there is nothing in the literature that describes how a nerve injury can cause the signs and symptoms of this disease.

Also, I don't know how one can say: My RSD was NOT caused by restricted blood flow, IRI, lack of oxygen to the arm etc etc etc. Unless tests have excluded IRI or tissue hypoxia. The absence of cyanosis does not exclude either of these, as cyanosis is only visible when the microvascular systems at the skin surface are ischemic.

Many people diagnosed with RSD don't present with cyanosis because the injury involves fractures, ligament injuries, nerve entrapments (which can initiate the immune response to trauma), etc, that don't involve blunt force trauma to the skin.

Finally, while I don't claim to have read all the literature on what might cause painful hypersensitivity to cold, I have look for other explanations for this symptom and couldn't find any that didn't involve diminished cell metabolism due to tissue hypoxia.

I am not arguing with you; I'm simply pointing out that a diagnosis of a nerve injury does not exclude tissue hypoxia. At this stage in my life, I would be relieved to learn that I am wrong about IRI. If that were to happen, I could refocus back to reading history and even possibly write a thesis that could earn a Master's degree in that subject.

Until and unless that happens, however, I feel compelled to explain why RSD is an IRI and that IRI is treatable...Vic

The great end of life is not knowldege but action. T. H. Huxley

When in doubt, ask: What would Jimmy Buffett do?

email: :

Last edited by Vicc; 09-14-2007 at 07:24 PM.