View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 10:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default living proof..

... that one can at least alter some aquired effects of the PD syndrome. From about one year ago to 4 months ago, I was falling so much that my knees were banged up like a bumper car. Bumps , bruises and lots of bleeding. I wondered why i was falling so much, it was just weird, II'd go down for no reason at inopportune times. I then began to think hard what circuits were being "tricked". I came to the conclusion that I usually fell when i was even for a split second destracted from my walking pace. Someone would ask me a question and down i'd go. I would reach an object in my pathway and down i'd go. ONce i even spread a plate of hot chile all over the front room, rug,walls, ceiling, drapes, tv, boy;. When i was so messed up that i thought thta it was wheelchair time, i just said NO! Now I concentrate on my walking like it is a matter of life and death, i ignore outward audio or other stimulation. When i reach an obstacle i stop, carefully shuffle into a straight pathway, then continue my walking. I've even noticed that lately ,I don't even look for my cane most of the time. THis is a real case of "mind training".
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote