View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 11:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Nerve damage

CRPS II is nerve damage, and it sounds like what you have experienced Joan. You might read up on that. That is what I have also, a known nerve damage.

That said, I wonder if anyone has thought about the relationship of the nerves and the vascular system? If you have nerve damage, wouldnt you think it would influence the vascular system?

I mean the nerves control the muscles, and that means all, even the muscles in the vascular system. It could be quite possible that the 2 camps are both "right" here. It seems logical to me that no matter how you got RSD, once you have it there would be complications with anything the nerves had anything to do with.

In my case I got CRPS II from ischemia, which in turn caused nerve damage.
Now there is symptoms of both going on in my body. Kinda like everything is spiraling out of control. Now if we can get blood oxygen flowing in to the damaged areas it would make sense that the nerves could have a chance at healing. Maybe the nerves are not allowing enough oxygen to flow in enough to get any healing, and after a length of time the damage is so far gone nothing is working properly?

I think we should all keep an open mind since even the experts cannot agree completely on the hows or whys of RSD. In my mind the two, nerve damage and vascular go hand in hand, and can both be resultant in RSD no matter which came first.

Gone Squatchin