View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 12:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Vicc,

Just wondering also how you can get your statement below..

"Also, I don't know how one can say: My RSD was NOT caused by restricted blood flow, IRI, lack of oxygen to the arm etc etc etc unless tests have excluded IRI or tissue hypoxia. The absence of cyanosis does not exclude either of these, as cyanosis is only visible when the microvascular systems at the skin surface are ischemic..."

I had a neuroma removed from my foot. Now a neuroma is a growth on the nerve and i had that removed and just like Joan my symptoms started after the surgery. Cramps, swelling, color changes, skin temp changes, and skin changes and then my foot started to invert. I did not have any thing on my leg during surgery that would cause restricted blood flow or lack of oxygen. My total surgery time was 9 mins. What else would cause RSD expecially since they removed sometihng from the nerve itself and I have nerve damage on 2 toes due to the surgey. (it was expected damage, just a result of the neuroma surgey, i knew that this would happen before the surgery.. just not that RSD was also part of it)

Now I may be repeating my self but cant go back a reread all the other posts, but what test are there to test for IRI??

Amber