View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 02:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

For me, the burden is not the doing... but the fight. I don't think your family and friends would mind taking you where you need to go but rather worry about you and the confrontation. From the other side, I can assure you no one thinks dementia is any fun.
I don't have dementia, however, I use a watch with alarms to remind me to take my many medications. Why don't you work with your family to figure out how best to best empower you, without putting yourself and others in danger? Situations are going to change and discussion, while difficult, may be the only way, if you have rational people to talk to (that may not be the case) in order for you to not feel so much the idiot and feel more in control. I have a mother in law with dementia and a father in law, as we say, with denial, as he just refuses to think that anything has changed and continually calls us and tells us she us she is stubborn, will not talk to him, will not eat, etc. I think you just need to talk frankly about what you want now and in the future.