View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 07:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This "study" really doesn't say too much other than these patients ended up with a lot more brain lesions...which means just what in MS?!

Lesions come and go in MS patients and there is little if any correlation between lesions and symptoms. It's not the number of lesions, it's the location of them that is important.

The study fails to mention if these patients encountered an increase in symptoms and that I find a bit irresponsible.

Prior to Tysabri being approved the first time around, there were rumours of this rebound effect with some patients who had to stop the drug for various reasons. In the Affirm and Sentinel trials, it was determined that 6% of the patients ended up with constant, high level antibodies and they had to stop treatment. I've never heard if these patients ended up getting an increase in lesions.

I'd also be interested in hearing if potential Tysabri patients are advised of this possibility if they have to stop taking the drug.

I'm afraid there is still a lot unknown about this drug and now that thousands of patients have used it for 6 months, we are likely going to start seeing some complications. Let's hope that the MS patients who are using it don't run into any major problem.

Harry
Harry Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote